Nuclear waste management situation in Finland:
programme was concluded 2001.
- Parliament ratified 18.5.2001 the Decision in Principle (DiP) by the
Government concerning a spent nuclear fuel disposal facility in Eurajoki
- Parliament made an amendment to the DiP in connection with the ratification
of a Decision in Principle for the fifth nuclear reactor 24.5.2002 to include
also the spent fuel from the new reactor
- construction of the underground characterisation facility ONKALO will be
- construction licence for the disposal facility in the beginning of 2010ís
KYT was launched 4.2.2002.
Amendment in the Nuclear Energy Act from the beginning of 2004
- Nuclear Waste Management Fund established within the State Nuclear Waste