ALVAR is a suite of products and SDKs for creating augmented reality applications. ALVAR provides leading tracking technology that can be leveraged to add value to products and services, solve industrial problems and enable next generation tools. ALVAR customers include software developers, major product manufacturers as well as corporate users.
ALVAR is "a library for virtual and augmented reality." The ALVAR SDK allows you to create AR applications with the most accurate, efficient and robust implementation for marker-, 2D image-, and 3D point cloud-based tracking. ALVAR provides a low-level C++ API to its tracking algorithms and includes several tools that assist in the creation of AR applications. Its low-level interface makes it possible to develop custom solutions that can be integrated with existing products and services.
- Tracks 2D targets, markers and images
- Accurate, fast and robust, also handles occlusions
- Pose optimization and perspective projection
- Multi-marker tracking with automatic calibration
- Image matching and template-based tracking
- Diminished reality
- Markerless, feature-based 3D tracking
- Based on point clouds created from photos of target
- Most accurate, fast and reliable 3D tracking available
- Automatic initialization without user interaction
- Robust against occlusions, changes in environment, lighting conditions
- Covers wide areas, dynamic loading of point clouds, optimal performance using edge servers
- Panorama tracking with semi-automatic initialization
- Extended tracking, SLAM, sensor fusion
- Unity-based AR content authoring platform
- Support for animated 3D models, images, annotations
- Align AR content with tracking targets, markers, images, point clouds
- Various tools for point cloud editing and optimization
- Mobile: Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Desktop: Linux, Windows, Mac
A general overview of ALVAR can be found in the following brochure.
Looking for ALVAR Desktop? This legacy version mainly supports fiducial markers on desktop platforms and is no longer actively maintained.